Monday, July 31, 2006

Jacaranda tree



We did a window job in Carmel Valley this morning, it's been foggy lately, so the valley was actually cool and breezy, though the sun was coming out. We managed to get the house done before it got so beastly hot. On the drive up the hill, there was this jacaranda tree approaching full bloom. There's a park in Buenos Aires that has huge jacarandas, when they bloom, the petals fall and make the paths purple. I love this color; I really resonate to blues and purples.
Although, the more I knit with handpainted yarns, I find I'm enjoying other colors just as much (I just can't wear them...like orange, or lime green) I just received my first two skeins of Blue Moon Fiber Arts, Sock that Rock yarn. And now I get it! wow, luscious, shiver me timbers, I just wanted to unravel it and lay down and roll in it! I picked Saratoga and Seal Rock, I can't wait to get started on them. I've seen other colors that people have used that I hope come back. Ah, so many yarns, so much knitting in my head. Luckily I have 6 hours of plane travel ahead of me this week: knit knit knit. I was inspired to seep Yarn Harlot's documentation of planes and taxi time in knit projects.

No comments: