Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Fit to eat



The cats were disappointed. The food all turned out edible. I made an extra dish with chicken, turmeric and arugula. The dal was a little milder than what we made in class, but still yummy. I also had fresh sliced mango to go with the meal; it was fabulous with the rice pudding. The only thing I was not happy with was the luchi. Although they rolled out perfectly round, they did not puff up into little pillows in the hot oil. We did manage to set off the smoke alarm, because I turned on the exhaust fan at the same time Sean was starting a fire... this sucks the smoke back into the house. Our smoke alarm is super loud, the neighbors up the street can hear it, and the cats all abandon the house as fast as they can. So much for them saving us, if there ever is a real fire.

2 comments:

catsmum said...

which type of dhal did you get? I was amazed at how different they can taste.

catmum said...

I'll have to look at the package. They are yellow split peas, not lentils. Yes they do all taste very different. These took a long time to cook, more than an hour, and still could cook a bit more.