Thursday, October 22, 2009

A good thing


Harika Sock
Originally uploaded by tangocatmum
One of those days today. So hot and tired from work I could cry...but I have a reason to live waiting for me...the second sock to this Harika, which I just finished last night. Stranded colorwork, how did I live before I met you? (I know, I know, it's one obsession after another, that's how) I still remember my famous last words of three years ago "what me, knit socks? Never!" closely followed by "what me, knit colorwork? Bah! Never!" Harika, by Stephanie Van der Linden, from Twist Collective, was so satisfying and fun to knit, very well written. I'm trying to decide whether to reverse the colors for the second sock, or make it match. The teal is a solic from Cherry Tree Hill, the shifting gold is Eidos from Sanguine Gryphon, in Agathon colorway.

We did have a nice lunch break between jobs today, there was big storm surf at the beach:
Storm surf
The air was thick with mist from all the pounding waves. Quite a treat.

And here's the view from the last job, as the fingers of fog were working their way back in to Carmel Bay
IMG_0742

No comments: