Thursday, July 13, 2006

Farmer's Market, or another day in paradise


What a gorgeous day today, several clients remarked on it, although they are all delicious in my view. I love the rare storms in winter, the fog (I've said it before) the sun...I'll take it all. After work I went to the Farmer's Market at the college parking lot. We have at least three farmer's markets here on the Peninsula, and right now it's a positive orgy of colors and delights. There were the most exquisite magenta radishes, I had to check to see if I had forgotten to adjust my medication the color was SO psychedelic. I brought home new potatoes, three varieties, just dug, elephant garlic (both are roasting upstairs), fresh caught ahi tuna, there will be tiny tidbits for good cats, oh heck for bad ones too. Asparagus, corn, fresh melting ripe figs, apricots, honey nectarines, golden beets, tomatoes bursting at the seems with intoxicating fragrance. The car was distractingly aromatic on the ride home, I almost pulled over to bury my face in it all.
But I have one question: I found one beautiful red potato, to me it looked like a beautiful heart. I brought it home and washed it, and presented it to my freaky consort, Sean..."I picked this out just for you." He looked at it and said, "what is it, balls?" such a romantic! Tell me, is it just me, or...?

No comments: