Sunday, April 29, 2007

Friday's view, and sock viewing

Not much blogging going on, lots of window cleaning. And some knitting. This is the view from Monastery Beach towards Point Lobos, where we occasionally do the windows for an historic home that is haunted.


I finally did finish the Rockin' Sock Club Inside Out socks, on Wednesday night. What an interesting pattern, lots of practice on new skills, short row toes and heels, toe up, reversible cables. I love the way the yarn colors pooled. I noticed on some blogs that other versions came out differently. Mine fit like gloves, really firm.
Good thing I finished, the next kit arrived on Thursday!
Again, I really love the yarn, it is part silk and gorgeous colors.
The pattern, not so much. I'm probably going to make another pair of Jaywalkers, or Tropicana from Magknits. I also have two pair of Austermann Step yarn socks to work on, and I'm also getting ready to cast on a lace project with some Schaefer Anne that has been languishing. I had knit about 2" of sock cuff and just decided it was way too dark a colorway to deal with tiny tight stitches.

No comments: