Monday, March 10, 2008

Innocent when we sleep


Brigid would like everyone to think so, anyway. She has been very sweet to Brutus, who continues to look and act like he feels a little better every day. Feeling enough better to put up a tiny bit of a fight when it's time for his medicine.

Also, some finished objects. The Annetrelac socks, done in luscious Wollmeise Sockenwolle, Salamander colorway. I managed to obtain this yarn with ease directly from Claudia many months ago, before her yarn became the object of lust from all woolpigs.


I also finished the Curly-toed Elf Slippers, from Weekend Knitting, which I began optimistically for my granddaughter Chloe about 2 1/2 years ago, before I knew how to do more than cast on, knit, purl, and could barely knit in a circle with DPNs. I got to the short row heels and gave up. Amazing what the passage of time can accomplish. (It also helps to keep trying the things you can't do, I guess) I'm glad I have stuck with it. Good thing I picked the child's large size to do; these will probably just fit her 3 year-old elvish feet.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Heh, I love seeing cats with their toes curled under like that on her hind feet :^)
I'm glad to hear Brutus is faring well.

Love the socks and those Elf slippers are sooo cute, perfect for a little girl, those colours.

Skylark said...

What's better then one Annetrelac sock? TWO Annetrelac socks! Lovely!!

So pleased to read that Brutus is feeling better.

shandy said...

Wow! what lively, astonishing knits! I'm not sure that i have the stamina for entrelac socks. Are the flexible around the ankle?

Amy said...

Oooh, these little elf slippers are even cuter than you described!!!

Bobbisox said...

Best wishes for full restoral of health to your Brutus. I hope your gorgeous Zoe is helping him clean himself, his little jaw must hurt terribly. Love your sock stash, now I don't feel quite as guilty.