Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not enough hours in the day

I'm on a cleaning-out binge. I have spent several hours going through random piles of things in random rooms and closets and drawers and cannot see any difference. So here I am, doing something much more enjoyable. Hooray for the internets!

Tastes of India class was wonderful as always, and Sangita and Arijit give us more than culinary tastes. History, geography, philosophy and humor mixed into a nourishing garam masala.


We had cholar dal, a spicy stew with chickpeas, fresh raita and paratha, which Sangita miraculously makes exactly the same size and thickness, and each one a perfect round. I guess after 999,999 she has it down.
For dessert there was a wonderful halwah, or pudding, make with milk and bottle gourd.



It's a very nice group of students in the class, I'm looking forward to the next field trip.

On the knitting front, I finished the April 2008 Mystery Socks, from Goddess Knits.
These will be a gift, but I don't think the recipient reads my blog, so no danger of a spoiler there.

I also finished another gift, a silk scarf made from Schaefer Patty, in the colorway Rosa Parks. Quite beautiful, but a nightmare from start to finish. Ten knots in two skeins, and color running like crazy. I have read all the tutorials on how to set dye and done my best. Fingers crossed and I will warn the recipient not to get into a hot tub wearing it.

Break time is over, back to the closet monsters.

1 comment:

Marianne said...

Ahah, you've been buried in closets and cupboards... and I know just what you mean about not being able to see a difference, it's just one of those things that has to be felt...
Cooking class looks to be fabulous.
You already know how I feel about those socks, the colours are heavenly and they're Beauties. As is the silk scarf but jeeze, 10 knots in the skeins AND the colours running? Not so great but the scarf, she is sooo very lovely!
Good luck with the monsters ;^)