Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dinner!

Once again, I've been inspired out of my usual cooking rut by the Tastes of India classes, taught by lovely Sangita and her husband, Arijit. I managed a short walk to the store between rainstorms today for fresh cilantro and green chiles, and started working on some of the dishes we sampled last Friday evening.
n1069748696_332469_8631
Dosa, which resembles a crepe, made from a creamy lentil-rice batter, is stuffed with a savory mixture of cooked smashed potatoes, green chiles, ginger and other spices. In the bowl is sambhar, slow simmered with lots of fresh vegetables and toor dal, a specific type of red split pulse. I'm so glad the classes at the Monterey Adult Evening School have started again, and to have these fragrances filling my kitchen.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Claire,

Looks wonderfull, I am glad you could do this.

This is also in your Facebook.

Here is a plug for our website also (haha)
http://www.naturedietcure.org

We have the "recipe of the month" and lots of new pictures under "our classes".

Regards,
===
Sangita & Arijit

Marianne said...

Mmmm, I want to come to dinner at your place :^)

I used to not like cilantro, tasted like... or what I would think dirty dish soap water... I know, eww. But then I took salt and sugar out of my diet (didn't use salt, just kept foods low sodium) and after a few weeks I tasted cilantro again and loved it, still do.
XOX